Thursday, May 18, 2006

Random

I got to thinking about some of the things that make me laugh on a day to day basis, and I want to share those with you! (This is not a complete list, as I laugh about 80% of the day)
1. I shop at a store called GROS, do my laundry and clean things with a product called BARF, and buy all my home supplies at a store called GAUDI.
2. There are stoplights here, but they dont use them. Instead, they stick a policeman with a stick in the middle of the road to do battle with the angry drivers who are trying to get somewhere. I think it is supposed to make traffic move faster, but instead it backs it up for miles, and creates this strange phenomenon where everyone honks in a chorus. If you listen long enough you can hear a melody sometimes!
3. Fashion here is very interesting... first, you decide what shirt you want to wear for the day and you put it in the other room, then you forget what you picked out and find a pair of pants that are completely different than the shirt and put them together. I have no idea how they do it, but somehow they make it work. It never quite matches, but it is that "its cool to not match" look. I've tried it a few days, but I jsut cant seem to pull it off.
4. Store owners here only buy one of most things they want to sell. If a store has empty shelves, it is thought that store does great business. They dont restock the shelves though! Sometimes, if you ask in just the right tone of voice, they might sell you the item from the box in the back- but not always.
5. My dog thinks he is an attack dog
Ahh.... the list could go on and on... Whoever said laughter was the best medicine was dead on with that one. I guess its either laugh or cry... I'm choosing, at least for today, to laugh!
Paca

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

This is too funny. Every time I go shopping I will think of you and Gros and BARF! God has a awesome way to keep your sense of humor in tact.