Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thats right... an entire city built out of ice!

For a Southern girl like me, there is nothing stranger than snow and ice. Having seen it a total of three or four times while growing up in Shreveport (not counting trips to Colorado to ski), the thought of it every day is quite exciting. I still get giddy when I see fresh flakes falling, and every new snow provides the temptation of a snow angel or a snowball fight. Anyway, they have this thing here called "Ice City". It is an entire "city" built out of bricks of ice. It is pretty incredible. There are statues, houses and castles, and my favorite, slides made of ice for sledding.

We are on the way to Ice City! There are so many of us crammed into that Jeep. The winter clothes dont help.

People actually fling themlseves down this thing. I have no idea what the appeal is, as it scared me to death. Its cool to see though.

This is my sweet little team, minus Steph. Arent we a sight? From left: Jon, Jake, Em, Phil, Scott

Jenn and I, imitating the sculpture. We need a lot of work. I'm trying not to fall at this point.

No comments: