Sunday, January 14, 2007

Well, Christmas came and has gone! Along with 3 HUGE plastic tubs filled with more food and goodies than we will be able to eat in a year (or maybe a few months), Santa Claus also brought my family to KZ. Mom, Dad, and Jenn all made the 32 hr trip across three continents to spend about three weeks here. They got to see where I live, who I love, and experience the sickness and uneasiness that comes with eating way too much food at local people's houses! While I know my mother would love me to recount every story from their time here, I'm only going to share my favorite.
It happened is Astana, during one of our "church" times. My fam, along with my team leader, sat in with us during our time. Usually we sing, read, study and discuss the Book, and lift each other up. We had a time of singing where we could request songs. I requested Victory in Jesus, mainly because of my dad. It is his favorite hymn, and I have many memories of him singing that old hymn to me on the swing set in our back yard. Now, we have sung that song together many times in my life, but something about singing about the thing that so many here dont understand was incredible. It was so sweet. Thanks Dad; for a memory was worth more than buying swords, stuffing our faces, or rearranging my house!
Enjoy the pictures!!

Mom and Dad on their first day in country. They look pretty good for no sleep and a hot water shortage! Mom's fur coat made us laugh the entire time. It seemed like the outfit grew each time we left the house. If we wanted to leave, we told Mom to start getting ready about 20 minutes before we started to leave!

Me and Jenn when we did Christmas with the other JMEN.

The hats! They had a mind of their own. But leaving the house without one is a no no here. I'm not sure what we were doing!
Jenn and I inside the fake mosque at a tourist attraction here. Notice that my head is covered; I'm trying to be a good Muslim!
Jenn and I at the most famous attraction in Astana. It has an incredible view of the city! Check out the winter garb. So many clothes; and yes, they have to be put on EVERY TIME you leave the house!

No comments: