Wednesday, January 10, 2007

They call me a wanderer

I have spent a lot of time in the past month travelling. I have been to several cities, and on many VERY LONG train rides. The best thing that has come from these trips, besides getting to see some parts of KZ that I have never seen before, was the time that I got to spend listening to music. I have always loved music, thanks to people in my life while I was growing up that thought it important, but lately, the lyrics to hymns, praise songs, and just songs written for the purpose of personal worship have spoken deeply and strongly to my heart. Here are a few of my favorites lately. I'm including only snipets. As you read these, let them really sink in. Its good stuff.

" Great is thy faithfulness! All I have needed THY hand HAS provided! ... A peace that endureth; thine own sweet presence to cheer and to guide"

Great is Thy Faithfulness
"A life you cannot define, a purpose thats benign. They need to see and believe, be led to the rugged tree. An unfair deal on the part of Christ: He got my sin, I got eternal life. Make me the breath of God."
Breath of God- Shane and Shane
"In Christ Alone, my hope is found. He is my life, my strength, my song. This cornerstone, this solid ground; firm through the fiercest drought and storm. In Christ alone, who took on flesh, fullness of God in helpless babe; this gift of love and righteousness, scorned by the ones He came of save. There in the ground his body lay, light of the world by darkness slain; then bursting forth in glorious day; UP FROM THE GRAVE HE ROSE AGAIN! And as He stands in VICTORY, sins curse has lost its grip on me. For I am His and He is mine- Bought with the precious blood of Christ. No power of hell nor scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand. Til He returns or calls me home. Here in the palm of Christ I stand."
In Christ Alone- Avalon
"My chains are gone; I've been set free. My God My Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy reigns, Unending love, amazing grace! The Lord has promised good to me, His Word, my hope, secures. He will my share and portion be as long as life endures"
My Chains are Gone (sung with Amazing Grace)- Chris Tomlim
And finally, this has become my favorite song of the hour. I have no idea why this one wins the award today, but something about the way this man sings Hallelujah makes me wants to stand with the angels up there and belt it out with him. Here are the words. I encourage you to find it for yourself though, and at least give it a listen. It is GOOD! Please find this song. The mere words on this page dont do it justice.
"There's a man in on corner and his clothes are worn And he's holding out his hand You could see in his eyes as the people walk by He knows they don't understand Ya see they just think he's gonna take their money And go and spend it all on dope Then a man stopped by and I saw a smile inside As he gently whispered hope Well the tramp started to cry, just kept saying, "Why? why? why? Could you see I'm a dying tonight Well I'm 32 and I've got this one pair of shoes And a bad taste in my mouth I think it's clear to see that even God don't love me Or else why would He leave me this way." Then Gabriel just smiled and said be peaced my child Salvation is here today He got up to his feet and he sang Hallelujah People were turning around in the street He looked them in the eyes and he sang, "Hallelujah There's someone here that you gotta meet Someone you just gotta meet." When the vagabond turned around well without a sign Gabriel just smiled and disappeared Then he looked to the crowd and they were laughing out loud But he could not see them fore tears When his vision came round There was a young girl on the ground I knew she was fine and hard to cope She never was a fighter until he laid beside her And gently whispered hope They got up to their feet and they sang Hallelujah People in the street were turning around They looked them in the eyes and they sang, "Hallelujah There's someone here we have found" They sang, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah We are the voices crying in the wilderness Hallelujah, Hallelujah." The people in the street started their sins to confess And a chorus of, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah Every knee will bow and every tongue confess and the voice of one crying in the wilderness crying Hallelujah, Hallelujah"
Gabriel and the Vagabond- Foy Vance
Happy listening to all of you! Much love. I promise soon I will actually put updated pictures and stories on the blog. Its one of my goals this year: to make keeping in touch and keeping those of you who are interested up to date on life!

No comments: