Saturday, November 04, 2006

And the award goes to... part 2

Its official. The ballots have been turned in, the votes have been counted. A representative from the accounting firm of Young, Smith and Jones is waiting in the wings to bring the envelope on stage...
The award for the worst landlord of the year (and quickly becoming the century) goes to...
EMILY'S LANDLORD!!!
Now who saw that coming? Isnt it a surprise? Some new apartment stories.
1. My electric meter doesnt work correctly, because my landlord rigged it so that he wouldnt have to pay for electricity. Well, all was well until the meter reader came by yesterday. Whoops on that one. When he doesnt pay by the 13th of November, they are turning off my electricity. If this happens, please say a quick prayer, as I think I will have a slight breakdown!
2. Heat- still not on in one room (That room being my bedroom!) At this point though, at lease my bed doesnt have bugs in it!
3. I cant use my sink or my washing machine. They are linked to the same set of pipes, and those pipes have the propensity for flooding my apartment. The people that are supposed to fix this only do this once they have been paid, which of course, because my landlord won the award, he hasnt done!
I think I could go on for quite awhile, but its not really worth it. Plus this has been character building!

No comments: