Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Money Pit

You remember that movie where Tom Hanks buys that house that is a disaster and spends a ton of money fixing it up? Well, fact is stranger than fiction... and I live in the money pit!
Okay, here is the story: Two of my teammates, one who worked construction one summer, decide that they can fix it! They show up at my house with three plungers, that look like Grammy awards, and an idea that if we plunge each drain in my house at the same time, my drainage problem will be fixed! I dont know how to plunge things, so Phil gave me a lesson in plunging. He filled the sink with water and lightly pressed down on the sink. As soon as that happened, the sink fell out of the wall! The water came with it, and began to pour onto the floor. Here are some pictures of the mess! Read below for the rest of the story!
Ahh... this was my face when I saw the sink fall off the wall! Nice huh??
This was my pathetic attempt at mopping up the mess. It didnt work so well.
Okay, turn your head sideways, and imagine the mess down the hall. All the way into the bedroom... oh yeah! It was funny!
Okay, so after I picked myself off the floor, I composed myself and the guys began to remodel my kitchen sink! It now drains perfectly! Who would have thought?

No comments: